Fall is officially here! Although it’ll continue to stay a little warm in SoCal, knowing that we’re just days closer to some rain gets me very excited! Since today marks the first day of the season, I thought it’d be appropriate to give you a post for #WardrobeWednesday! Check below to see the 10 pieces I’ve put together for this Fall Must-Haves:
- Saddle Satchel. I’m pretty sure you’ve seen all the bloggers and celebs carrying this styled item around, and I’m pretty sure that it’s here to stay. Check out Neiman Marcus’ Saddle Crossbody Bag — it’s a last chance item so get it while you still can!
- Turtleneck Sweaters. This item has returned, and it is a great opportunity to pair it with a wide-legged trouser that appeared all over fashion week. I, specifically, like loose, oversized-sweaters that keep me cozy for the chilling season! Take a look at Zara’s Sweater With Turtle Neck.
- White Blouses. Definitely a must in your closet, and designers clearly made it a statement at fashion week. Check out New York and Company’s Tie Front Ruffle Blouse for something different!
- Faux Fur Vests. It’s a great item to layer onto your outfits! Look at H&M’s Faux Fur Vest — it’s inexpensive compared to others I’ve seen.
- Light-Weight Trench Coats. Because SoCal is expecting lots of rain this year, a light-weight trench coat would be a great purchase for when it arrives. You can find plenty of them on ASOS, such as the ASOS Trench With Waterfall Front.
- Leather Biker Jackets. It’s a go-to item for me, whether it’s for a casual brunch to a night out of town. I’m through with my last leather jacket, so I am in the process of finding a new one. With items like this, I tend to take a little more time in the search since I am particularly picky about it in style and price. Check out BLANKNYC’s Moto Jacket, which you can purchase at REVOLVE Clothing.
- Button-Down Skirts. A 70s’ inspired piece that I’ve seen in almost every fashion boutique and store. You can find one in faux leather or corduroy at Zara as well. Look into Zara’s Short Corduroy Skirt.
- High-Waisted Flare Jeans. Another 70s’ inspired look that’s been making its way in and out of the fashion community are the high-waisted flare jeans. Put on some heels, and you’ll have legs for days! Check out Hudson Jeans’ Mia Flare Jeans (Oracle), which is sold at Nordys aka Nordstrom.
- Booties. It is a staple piece so you should definitely have a pair in your closet! Sole Society has some great comfy, stylish shoes — it’s actually one of my favorite brands! Here’s Sole Society’s Talisha Tassel Heeled Bootie.
- Over-The-Knee Boots. Tall boots are also a staple piece. When it comes to shoes, I tend to spend a little more money on than any other piece in my wardrobe, especially when I know a certain brand lasts a lot longer than most. There’s the Stuart Weitzman Rockerchic Suede Knee Boot that plenty of bloggers and celebs have continuously adorned. Out of all the products I’ve listed, this is the most pricey.
Be sure to find soft, natural tones for your closet like green and brown. Right now, the combination of the shades orange and brown have been very appealing to me so I’ll be trailing off of my black wardrobe for a bit. Also, stick to fabrics like wool, suede, velvet, and leather. Because fall is still a bit warm in SoCal, lace and chiffon continue to be manageable for the season.
If you’re just as excited for fall as I am, then tell me what is your favorite fall item?
Happy Hump Day!
Image via Polyvore