You can’t have a fashion lifestyle blog without a What’s In My Bag post!
Check below to see what I’ve been carrying around!
The handbag I’m using is one of Kate Spade’s Trapeze Bags from last season. I, typically, carry larger bags because I like to bring my whole house with me. It’s good to be prepared!
- Wallet. It’s a Kate Spade Newbury Jane Saffiano Black Leather Neda Zip Around Wallet. I purchased this about 1-2 years ago, and I haven’t replaced it since. It’s one of my favorite purchases of all time just because it’s exactly what I was looking for. Take a look at Kate Spade’s Cedar Street Lacey for something similar. Like most of you, my wallet carries the typical necessities such as the driver’s license, personal business cards, etc. Check out my post on Interview Essentials Pt.1, where I briefly mentioned where I got my personal business cards.
- Planner. There’s a calendar on my phone, but I choose not to use it. I like to keep things old school! In here, you’ll find all of my plans, schedules, and notes that I scribble in. It’s one of the many ways to keep yourself organized throughout the day.
- Pen. Duh, I need this to write in my planner! It’s one of the many tools that always comes in handy. For example, I was gathering up a few items for my friend’s birthday at the very last minute, and one of them was a birthday card. It would have been nice to have a pen around to write a cute message in!
- Prescription Glasses. Sometimes wearing contacts can bother your eyes, and you’ll eventually want to take them out. I suggest keeping your prescription glasses in your bag as back-up.
- Sunglasses. In SoCal, sunglasses aren’t just an accessory…it’s a necessity! My favorite styles are the aviators. Be sure to invest in a good pair since the sun can be damaging to your eyesight, especially while driving. Check out Ray-Ban’s Aviator Classics G-15 if you’re looking for shades!
- Makeup Bag. If I have plans after work, I always bring my makeup bag. It’s good to retouch your face a bit for the next plan or destination on your schedule so that you can look fresh and new. Usually, I just touch up the lashes and lips. Tune in the next few weeks, where I’ll be talking about my favorite makeup products!
- Lip Balm. My favorite lip balm at the moment is the Maybelline’s Baby Lips Dr. Rescue, which has proven to be very effective. One of the physical features that people will notice about a person is their lips. So, if you want good-looking lips, rehydrate them on the daily!
- Lotion. Nobody likes dry hands so I use Nivea’s Creme, which you can locate at any drugstore. It moistens the skin throughout the day without having to reapply.
- Floss. It’s never a pretty sight when you have food stuck in your teeth. That’s why I carry floss with me all the time. I’m even thinking about bringing a tooth brush with me…
- Gum/Mint. It’s always a big turn-off when you’re talking to someone with garlic breath. So carry a pack of gum or mint to freshen up that mouth of yours.
- Medication. Like my mother, I carry a small bottle of Advil just in case I get the migraines or cramps…
- Water. It’s been heating up in California so I’ve been carrying a water bottle with me. It’s good to stay hydrated so make sure to get your daily dose of H2O!
- Others. What’s not pictured here, but, typically is always in my bag are my pack of tissues and hand sanitizer. They’re little essentials that I like to have around, but tend to run quickly out of, so it’s time to make a Target run! Also, I didn’t include my stun gun in the picture. Unfortunately, we live in a society where we don’t feel safe walking to our cars.
Out of the list above, the one item that I can’t live without is my lip balm, and its the only thing that I lose all the time! I’m pretty sure you have this problem too…
Let me know what’s one item from your bag that you can’t live without!
Happy Hump Day!